Repatriation of Remains
Requirements for shipping remains of a Zimbabwean National to Zimbabwe:
- Copy of Death Certificate
- Copy of Post-Mortem Report
- Copy of Embalming Certificate
- Copy of Non Infectious Diseases Certificate
- Copy of Permit to repatriate remains
- Copy of Zimbabwean passport ( pp1-5 for old type passport, last page for new type passport)
- Non Hazardous/ flammable goods declaration affidavit (by Funeral Home)
- US$35.00 money order payable to Embassy of Zimbabwe
- Self addressed, stamped return envelope
- Send the above documents to the Embassy of Zimbabwe, 1608 New Hampshire Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20009 for onward transmission to Head Office for issuance of a health certificate.
- Processing time is approximately 5 business days.
- Original documents cited above to be sent with the remains.
- An affidavit/letter from a representative of the deceased’s family requesting that the body be buried in Zimbabwe is required.